You’re Never Alone When You’re Sharing Jesus
I say you can do this and that the “can do” is grounded in the fact that we’re not alone – that we don’t ever go alone when we enter a conversation about our faith in Jesus. There is always a team at work. In addition to your work as a believer…
1. The Word of God is at work as we share it. The Bible is a powerful, living book and God uses it to dissect the heart in deeply spiritual ways. Consider these teachings…
- Isaiah 55:11 – The word of God accomplishes a purpose.
- 1 Peter 1:23-25 – The word of God stands forever.
- Jeremiah 23:29 – The word of God breaks through the hardness of hearts.
- Hebrews 4:12-13 – The word of God is living, active, and piercing.
- Romans 10:17 – The word of God is the means of a person believing the gospel.
- Romans 1:16 – The word of God is powerful to save.
2. The Holy Spirit is at work invisibly in the heart. He’s ever-present and always willing to bless the greatest work a believer can enter into – the work of sharing the good news of Jesus. In fact, while we like to treat the Holy Spirit’s work as something He does for us and for our pleasure, the Bible’s emphasis is on His work through us as we serve and share with others. Check these verses…
- Acts 4:31 – The Holy Spirit is our source of boldness.
- Acts 1:8 – The Holy Spirit empowers the church for missions.
- Acts 8:30 – The Holy Spirit leads us to opportunities.
- John 6:44 – The Holy Spirit draws the lost to Christ.
- John 16:8-11 – The Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin.
- John 3:3, 5-6 – The Holy Spirit regenerates the lost (causes them to be born again).
3. A redeemed witness is at work when you share the good news. That is, you as a believer are a called, sent, redeemed, empowered messenger of the gospel. And God will always be at work through your life, your service, and your words.
- John 15:16 – Believers have been chosen to bear fruit.
- Matthew 4:18 – Jesus calls us to be fishers of men.
- Luke 24:46-48 – We are called to be witnesses of the gospel to all nations.
- 2 Corinthians 4:5, 7 – We have the treasure of the gospel in earthen vessels, to share for Jesus’ sake.
You can witness because Jesus Christ has called every believer to a life of faithfulness to the great commission and fruitfulness in the world. Realize that God has called you to live in continual partnership with Himself, going where He leads us and walking in the power of His Holy Spirit with His word hidden in your heart. And as you go, He’ll be with you always.
He will open doors. Are we ready to break out of the sin of silence to share the message?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple