Wow! Men and Women Are Different
A new book has emerged titled The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine. In case you are wondering about the obvious differences between women and men, take at look at this information:
- Women have 11% more neurons in their brain center for language and hearing than men.
- She’ll use on average 20,000 words a day and he’ll only use 7,000
- Her space devoted to the sex drive will be 2.5 times smaller than his; he’ll think about it every 58 seconds
- Her brain will be 9% smaller than his but will have the same number of brain cells, just more tightly packed
- Her principle hub for emotion and memory formation, the hippocampus, will be larger
- His processor at the core of the primitive area of the brain that registers fear and triggers aggression, the amygdala, will be larger *
I haven’t had a chance to read the book yet, so I can’t really offer an opinion. At first glance, it looks solid and full of good, fun information. But as usual, if you only worry about the differences between men and women, you’ll get lost in relationship meltdown.
Couples can’t worry so much about their differences as compared to their ability to love well. It’s always a great thing to learn about each other, especially the differences between men and women. You gain an advantage in life when you can understand the fundamentals. But you still have to learn new skills and ways of interacting with the opposite sex if you desire a truly satisfied relationship.
Smalley InstituteView Website
Already a member? Login to iDisciple