Worldwide Water Facts
On average, each person needs 2 to 4 gallons of water per day for drinking, washing, and cooking.
- The average American uses 80 to 100 gallons of water per day, says the U.S. Geological Survey.
- You have sufficient access to water if your water source is within 1,640 feet from your home and you spend 30 minutes or less in line to get water, according to international development standards
- One of the United Nations’ new Sustainable Development aims is to provide universal access to clean water and sanitation by 2030. This also includes reducing pollution and improving water quality, providing adequate sanitation and hygiene access, and protecting and restoring water-related ecosystems.
- For every $1 invested in clean water globally, the economic return generated is $2.
- World Vision reached 4.6 million people with improved access to clean water in 2016.
If you want to make a difference in the world, investing in water is a good idea.
Photo©2017 World Vision, Andrea Peer
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple