What’s Your Boss’s Working Style?
Everyone has his or her own style of working. Mostly it is a function of their personality. Sometimes it might be habits – whether they are good or bad. If you are just starting a relationship with a new boss or you have been working together for some time, you can study and adapt to his or her work style.
Here are just three examples:
• If your boss is a morning person, approach early. If your boss comes alive at the crack of noon, try afternoon.
• If super fast-paced, then be super quick! If way slow, then be way patient.
• If outgoing, then talk a lot. If introverted, then be a person of few words. Meet your boss where he or she is – not where you want them to be.
To help you learn and earn from your boss’s style, ask yourself the following questions:
• Is your boss more people or task-oriented?
• More outgoing or introverted?
• More dominant or serving?
• More perfection-oriented or “close enough?”
• More one-thing-at-a-time or juggling-many-things-at-once?
Learn your boss’s style. Treat your boss as he/she wants to be treated, not as you might want to be treated. You will earn your boss’s respect and support.
“He who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully.” 2 Corinthians 9:6
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple