What’s Hell Like?
“If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be separated from God — lost forever!” (1 Corinthians 16:22a ERV)
In human terms, it’s tough to define Hell. It’s like trying to explain the Internet to an ant.
But Jesus actually talked more about Hell than Heaven. And to read how Jesus — and others in the Bible — described it, we don’t want to have any part of it, and we don’t want anyone we know to have any part in it.
So what does the Bible say about Hell?
- It’s a place of torment. Luke 13:28 says that in Hell, “You will cry and be in extreme pain” (GW). We get our visions of fire and agony in Hell from the Bible.
- It’s a place of complete separation from God and other people. That’s the worst part of Hell. Go through your whole life saying you don’t want to have anything to do with God, and you’ll eventually get your way. Hell means total separation from God. “If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be separated from God — lost forever!” (1 Corinthians 16:22a ERV)
- It’s a place without love. The Bible tells us that God is love. Without God, we’ll spend forever without his love in Hell. The Bible also says, “There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear” (GNT). What’s it like to live without God’s love? It means you’re scared to death all the time
Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to do so. They’ll get what they always thought they wanted — a life away from God. You don’t want that! You don’t want Hell. Make a different choice today.
To know how you can live forever and avoid the anguish of Hell, visit rickwarren.org/know-god. Please let me know if you make the decision to follow Jesus. I want to celebrate with you! Write me at email@example.com.
Talk It Over
- Why do you think Jesus talked more about Hell than Heaven?
- How does the description of Hell in today’s devotional compare with the description we get in popular culture?
- Are there any parts of the Bible’s description of Hell you struggle to accept? Why?
Special Offer: "Eternal Realities: Heaven and Hell" Complete Audio Series
Purchase Series: "Eternal Realities: Heaven and Hell" Complete Audio Series
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple