What If ...?
"...godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." - 1 Timothy 4:8
What if you answered the door and you received a certified letter addressed only to you? And what if inside that letter was an official notice that today would be your last day to live?
What would you do? I’m sure most of us would probably be a little freaked out, to say the least. But, at some point, you are faced with a decision about what you were going to do with this, your last day on earth. Let’s look at some things that might happen:
- You might want to make more money. (No, I doubt that would cross many of our minds.)
- You might want to stay and work at the office late that night. (Again, this doesn’t seem to be what you would want to do.)
- You might want to say thank you to those who have helped you in your life. (I think we’re getting closer.)
- You might want to spend the time with your family and loved ones. (Closer still.)
- You might want to make sure you’re right with God. Bingo. (That’s the first and most important thing every one of us would need to do.)
We tend to focus on the material, temporary things in life and neglect the relational and eternal. You see, none of us knows the number of days God has planned for us. Here’s my point…don’t put off until tomorrow the really important things you can do today. Show your family how much you love them. Surprise them by occasionally coming home early. Tell them you love them. Plan fun things to do with them. Say thank you to those who help you and were there for you when you needed them. Help someone you care about–someone who needs you at the office, in the neighborhood, or maybe someone who needs a friend.
God became a man in the person of Jesus to show us how to do all of these things!
Today may not be the last day you live here on earth, but it may become a great day for you to make things right with God and those you care about. That sounds like a pretty good day to me.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple