What Does a Super, Single Mom Look Like?
I’ve been blessed to view firsthand what a healthy home looks like under the helm of a single mother. Great children CAN and DO emerge out of single parent homes. So moms, put on your Super Mom t-shirt and go for it!
Super, Single-Mom Priorities
- Commitment to Responsibility A super mom accepts the challenges of parenting alone. She neither minimizes nor blows household problems out of proportion, but sees them all as opportunities to see God at work.
- Commitment to Family Though there’s no husband under the roof, she knows that God is the head of the household and teaches her children to expect Him ‘to father.’ There’s an expectation that God will provide, will protect, will lead.
- Commitment to Communication This mom knows what turns off healthy lines of communication with the children:Don’t interrupt during a conversation. Don’t listen while your mind’s wondering off.Don’t fail to give credit where credit is due.
- Commitment to Home Management She doesn’t have time for outside commitments that drain her energy. She knows her tank only has so much ‘gas.’ She’s well-organized and plans wisely in coordinating everyone’s schedules.
- Commitment to Self-Care She takes time for herself. Neither does she feel guilty in financially rewarding herself with a treat. She fuels her body by eating well, getting rest, exercising. Self-care planning with proper boundaries remains a priority.
So be Brave. Be strong. Don’t give up. Let God soar through you. – Psalm 31:24
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple