I want to look at a passage in1 Corinthians 7:7-9,
For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
What I want to focus on is verse 9, especially the part about burning with passion. There are way too many young Christians who are out of control in their physical relationship with the opposite sex.
So, mom or dad, here is something you can share with your kids in connection with relating to the opposite sex. Be prepared, I am going to be blunt.
- Any body part they have that you don’t have, don’t touch it. Any equipment they have that you don’t have, it is hands off!
- Do not put any part of your body into any part of their body.
- Do not get horizontal. Don’t even sit on the couch watching TV, and lay down in one another’s arms. If you do, you know where that can lead.
- If you are going to kiss, let it be short and meaningful. Don’t allow yourselves to get into a wrestling match. Again, it is hard to find the switch to turn it off once you get going.
- Finally, let things like holding hands or putting your arm around your boyfriend or girlfriend, actually be meaningful.
If you are single, apply these rules, and they could save you a lot of grief!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple