Two Ridiculous Things Christians Say
What we think about God is the greatest thought we can ever have because the God we worship is the God we become like.
Here are 2 ridiculous things Christians say about God that are wrong and have the capacity to jack us up!
1. “God Will Never Give You More Than You Can Handle.”
That’s wrong. God will gives us more than we can handle. He does this so we will rely on Him and be transformed by Him.
- “For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.” (2 Corinthians 1:8-9 ESV)
2. ”God Helps Those Who Help Themselves.”
That’s wrong. God helps those who realize they can’t help themselves. God can only give grace to a person who is at the end of their rope.
- “When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.” (Romans 5:6 NLT)
- ”Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT)
The strongest among us is those who acknowledge their weaknesses and rely on Jesus’ strength.
The closer I get to Jesus, the BIGGER and more POWERFUL He becomes and the smaller, weaker I become, which transforms me into His image.