Top 10 Ways (for Your Kids) to Be a Great Friend
1. Never disparage your friends’ parents. No matter how much your friends are struggling, always encourage them to do their best to love and respect their mom and dad.
2. Don’t tease your friends regarding things they are sensitive about (their looks, their weight, their intellect, their family, etc).
3. Never let them talk you into doing wrong or having fun at someone else’s expense. Rise above this. You’ll be a much better friend to them if you do.
4. Don’t smother them, and don’t let them smother you. Friends give each other plenty of space. Encourage them to spend time with their families and other friends.
5. Be trustworthy with private information they share with you. Never use their vulnerability against them.
6. Encourage them when they’re down, and applaud them when they’ve put forth a good effort (in sports, in academics, in relationships, etc).
7. Make it your aim to help your friends become better people in all areas of their lives (physically, emotionally, intellectually, morally, spiritually, and in regard to their talents).
8. Be loyal and faithful to your friends should they fall out of favor with the popular crowd or happen to be struggling through a difficult time in their lives (drugs, alcohol, rebellion against their parents, rejection of academic responsibilities, etc).
9. Be a “fun” friend to be around. Let your hair down. Don’t be a “stick in the mud.” Enjoy your times together.
10. Pray for your friends. Ask God to use you to build them up and help them feel better about themselves.
Please register for a free account to view this content
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple