Top 10 Ways for Kids to Be Great Church Members
- Make a decision in your heart to love going to church. That’s all it takes. A decision. Once it’s made, you’ll love going to church.
- Bring your Bible with you, and learn how to follow your teacher, pastor, or youth leaders as they teach you from it.
- When you get up on Sunday morning, ask God to help you learn everything He wants you to learn at church that day.
- Pray for your pastor, youth leaders, worship leaders, and Sunday school teachers at least once during the week. Ask God to bless them and encourage them in their efforts on behalf of the church
- Look out for the new kids, awkward kids, lonely kids, or outcast kids. Enfold them every time you are at a church gathering.
- If there is a discussion in class, participate in it. Don’t just sit back and be unresponsive.
- Always love, encourage, and cooperate with the people who work with you at church (whether professional or volunteer). Voice appreciation for their efforts. Always thank your teacher for the lesson and the worship leaders for their efforts.
- Refuse to speak disparagingly about anyone who works with or for you at church. Never participate in critical discussion about them with friends or a friend’s parents. If you have a problem with a leader, first take it to God in prayer and then go to the person individually and discuss it. Always rise above gossip.
- Go to church with an attitude of what you can give to it rather than what you can get out of it. Go ready to help, to serve, to sing, to listen, to learn, to make new friends, to reach out to visitors, and to enjoy being with God’s people.
- Make sure that you always use your time at church to connect more closely to the heart of God.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple