If women could get inside men's heads, would they dress differently?
Most women already know that their husband, boyfriend or son is wired differently than they are but don’t realize what that actually means. Among other things, it means that he has been given the gift of a unique visual wiring—and the challenges that come with it, especially in a culture saturated with sexual images.
In Through a Man’s Eyes, Shaunti Feldhahn and Craig Gross team up to help women open their eyes to an issue they are often blind to by drawing on the latest brain science, social research, and their faith. The authors address questions like:
- “Why are guys so visual—and what does that mean, anyway?”
- “How do I help my son navigate this sex-crazed culture?”
- “How dare someone tell a woman to watch what she wears! Isn’t it a man’s responsibility not to look?”
- “If he’s tempted by visual images, is there something wrong with him? With me?”
- “My husband is an honorable guy, so why would he be tempted by porn? “How can I talk to my husband or son about this?” “What can I do to support him?”
Women readers will finally “get” things that may have confused or offended them. For example, they will understand the business leader, pastor, or school administrator who desperately wants girls or women to understand issues with certain attire… but gives up because he has no idea how to explain it without sounding like a creep.
It is the full responsibility of men to make the right choices. But it is time to let women in on what that truly entails and how to be “empathetic without endorsing.” Through compassion and candor, women readers can finally learn what guys have long wished they knew but had no idea how to explain—and then see the amazing difference it makes in their relationships.
To purchase your copy of Through a Man’s Eyes, click here!