They're Good for Marriage Too!
It comes as no surprise that successful companies and effective organizations hold regular staff meetings. They use these times to air concerns, solve problems, and review new ideas.
Staff meetings are good for marriage too! Setting aside regular times to talk with your spouse can keep your relationship fresh and up-to-date. Marriage thrives when you enjoy regular time for airing concerns and problem solving. Communication becomes more intimate and productive when you make the time to talk about meaningful topics.
Set aside a certain time each week for your own marriage staff meeting. Try the questions below as a way to deepen the intimate communication with your spouse.
- It’s important for everyone to feel accepted, so how can I better communicate my unconditional love for you?
- You know I love you, and I want you to feel it too. What are some little things I can do to help you experience more of my love?
- How can I better communicate to you the positive aspects of our marriage?
- I’ve been reminded of how much I admire your ______________ (identify an important character quality such as sensitivity, diligence, loyalty, truthfulness, etc.). I was reminded of this was when you _____________ (cite a specific memory that was special to you).
- What are some things you’ve been concerned or worried about lately? I’d like to work toward helping to eliminate them.
Take turns asking and responding to the statements above. Keep in mind: While these questions promote intimacy, they also expose vulnerabilities, so be gentle with your words and responses. At all costs, avoid being negative or critical!
After your time of intimate communication, discuss the plans for the week ahead. Talk about the calendar and agenda for the week. Plan dates, family outings and trips out of town. Make this staff meeting a priority and keep it valued. Staff meetings are good things – for marriages too!
Please register for a free account to view this content
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple