The Top Ten Habits of Parents with Generous Teens
According to a recent study by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, teenagers report that their parents are the biggest influence on whether they give their time or money to non-profit charities.
Do you know what teen givers say their parents do?
Here are the top ten parenting techniques that separate giving teens from non-giving teens, in their own words:
- They explained how I can help other people by my actions.
- They encouraged me to speak up in family discussions.
- They spoke to me about the volunteering and giving they do.
- They supported me on things I cared about.
- They told me why they were proud when I did good things.
- They encouraged me to be my own person.
- They set goals for me to achieve.
- They spoke to me about the way my actions made other people feel.
- They taught me to always consider other people’s views.
- They explained the importance of giving to others.