The Top Ten Habits of Parents with Generous Teens
According to a recent study by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, teenagers report that their parents are the biggest influence on whether they give their time or money to non-profit charities.
Do you know what teen givers say their parents do?
Here are the top ten parenting techniques that separate giving teens from non-giving teens, in their own words:
- They explained how I can help other people by my actions.
- They encouraged me to speak up in family discussions.
- They spoke to me about the volunteering and giving they do.
- They supported me on things I cared about.
- They told me why they were proud when I did good things.
- They encouraged me to be my own person.
- They set goals for me to achieve.
- They spoke to me about the way my actions made other people feel.
- They taught me to always consider other people’s views.
- They explained the importance of giving to others.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple