Scripture: Exodus 10:1-12:51
"On this night the LORD kept his promise to bring his people out of the land of Egypt. So this night belongs to him ….” (Exodus 12:42a)
Dictionary.com defines reserved as to be kept or set apart for some particular use or purpose. The Lord knew exactly when He would rescue His people. The date had been reserved and written on the kingdom calendar long before the Israelites were enslaved. God would not act any sooner or later than He had planned. Nor would He allow anything or anyone to thwart His plan. The 430th day of oppression was reserved for the day of rescue. The Israelites may have felt abandoned. They may have thought the Lord had forgotten them. But God? He remembered His predetermined day of liberation and arrived right on time!
Maybe you feel like the Israelites, forgotten and abandoned. Just as God saw the pain and suffering of the Israelites, He sees our hurt and afflictions. While we wait for rescue, we can remember these truths to help strengthen our faith:
- Our covenant-keeping God has a plan for our deliverance (Exodus 1)
- The plan will be a grand display of His power and work out for our good
- He will subdue our oppressors (12:29)
- We will be richer (not necessarily monetarily) and stronger than before (12:36)
- His plan is perfect and will be perfectly carried out (12:42)
- The plan will be orderly and will not cause confusion (12:51)
Hang in there! God has reserved a day of rescue for us that will be right on time! In the meantime, let’s keep our eyes on Him and remember His goodness even when things are hard.
Please register for a free account to view this content
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple