The Most Effective Prayers
Look at the spirit behind your prayers, and make sure you’re praying from a positive place.
This is more important than many people think. It isn’t just the words we pray; it’s the energy behind them.
Have you ever petitioned God from these motives?
- This needs to happen so I’ll feel fulfilled.
- This needs to happen so I can be fruitful.
- This needs to happen because it’s right and I know it's God's will.
- This needs to happen because I’m desperate.
- This needs to happen in order to prove a point.
Some of these are good motives, and God may answer such prayers. He often does. But there’s a greater energy behind prayers that causes them to be answered far more often than others:
- This needs to happen because I’m deeply compassionate for the person/people I’m praying for.
Now that’s a powerful prayer. There’s an unusual presence of the Spirit in requests motivated by nothing other than love. Dig down to that underlying motive, and watch for God to move in response.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple