The Blessings of Inadequacy
2 Corinthians 3:4-6
Life is filled with struggles that reveal our human inadequacy: Physical problems leave us weak and unable to cope; relational troubles bring confusion and stress; continual battles with bad habits and addictions make us feel defeated; and financial pressures damage our self-worth. No one likes the fear and frustration of dealing with challenges that are too big to handle, but God can use them for our good.
Maybe you have never considered inadequacy a blessing. After all, it stirs up all sorts of uncomfortable emotions that make us feel insignificant and weak. But God can turn the negatives into blessings if we acknowledge our helplessness, depend on His strength, and step into our challenges with confidence in Him.
Inadequacy can be a blessing since it:
- Drives us to God as we recognize our helplessness.
- Relieves us of the burden of trying to do God’s will in our own strength.
- Motivates us to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Provides an opportunity for the Lord to demonstrate what He can do.
- Increases our usefulness to God by replacing pride with humility.
- Allows Christ to receive all the glory.
- Gives us peace as we rely on Him.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, believers have the ability to endure difficulty and accomplish whatever the Lord calls them to do. By claiming the adequacy of Christ, we can face every circumstance with a sense of confidence—not in ourselves but in God, who is capable.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple