"You shall also decide and decree a thing, and it shall be established for you; and the light [of God's favor] shall shine upon your ways." Job 22:28, AMP
Are you ready to make some declarations over your life? How about shouting out some things from the rooftops? There is something about believing God and His Word and speaking those things with your mouth. God likes it when we believe and speak! Our faith in His Word, and our confession of it, pleases the Lord. (Hebrews 10:23, 11:6) When we decide and decree a thing according to His Word—it is established for us!
God is watching over His Word to perform it. (Jeremiah 1:12) When we declare what God has said about us, He watches over that Word to perform it. Are you ready to allow the Lord to put on a grand performance in your life?
Many of us have not even scratched the surface of this powerful truth. God has endowed man with one of the most amazing gifts and honors—the ability to speak words that have the power of life or death. When we decide upon something in line with God’s Word and we decree it, it will be established for us. Let’s decree it!
Do you need some help in priming the “declare it, decree it, speak it” pump? Go ahead and boldly proclaim these “in Christ” realities over your life. Remember, God is watching over His Word to perform it!
- I decree that Jesus is the Lord of my life. I live to please the Lord and know Jesus more intimately.
- I decree that Jesus is my Redeemer. He has redeemed me from sin to eternal life; from sickness to health and healing; from poverty and lack to abundance and blessing.
- I decree that the favor of God surrounds me like a shield. God causes benefits, favors, advantages and preferential treatment to come my way.
- I decree that I am filled with peace. I am at rest, easy-going and patient. I decree that I am accepted in Christ. God loves me and He's made me righteous in His sight—without any sense of guilt, inferiority or shame.
- I decree that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all that God asks of me.
- I decree that my spouse and kids are blessed. We are a family mightily used of God.
- I decree that the joy of the Lord is my strength. I am happy and full of joy and laughter.
- I decree that I am blessed to be a blessing. I am a blessing going somewhere to happen.
Today, as you boldly declare God’s Word, may His eyes find you and may He put on a great performance of His Word in and through your life.
Say It: “Father, I thank You for revealing Your will for my life in Your Word. Thank you for establishing these things in my life today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”