Sixty-Two Ministry Ideas for Christians in the Workplace
- Start an Alpha in the Workplace small group Bible study.
- Establish written Biblical values as a priority for your firm.
- Make Christian books, tapes, and videos available on current topics.
- Send children of employees to Christian camps. Offer scholarships to community.
- Use Christian motivational speakers at sales and company meetings.
- Have prayer at company meetings.
- Send employees and spouses to Family Life Seminars.
- Use special seasons such as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years to send cards with Christ-centered message.
- Give away one-year Bibles or other modern translations, paraphrased versions, etc.
- Share personal challenges and views on current events from a biblical, Christ-centered.
- Offer Christian perspective in a newsletter or other format. Biblical but not “preachy.”
- Give Children’s Bibles, Devotionals, or storybooks to employees for their children and grandchildren.
- Join a Christian accountability group of peers.
- Release some of your profits to support local ministries that are Christ-centered.
- Send your key people to seminars and conferences where they can relate to other.
- Encourage Christian business and professional leaders.
- Lead a small group study on Christian values for your employees.
- Do a seekers class.
- Provide educational scholarships for employee’s children.
- Provide seminars from a Christian world-view, (For employees, suppliers, etc.)
- Make financial planning from a biblical perspective available to employees.
- Have a supplier appreciation banquet, show you value them as persons. Pay them on time.
- Model application of scripture in business situations. Look for teachable moments to use to illustrate applications.
- Have a Christ-centered Christmas party.
- Recognize biblical fruitfulness in employees to do ministry on company time.
- Sponsor a Christian radio program.
- Pray daily for employees, customers, suppliers, and competitors and let them know it.
- Send “We are praying for you” cards to customers, suppliers, etc.
- Display tasteful Christian paintings, pictures, scriptures as office decorations.
- Have Christian magazines and literature in your reception area.
- Have Christian music on your “hold” button.
- Fly a Christian flag.
- Include testimony and other tracts with invoices and other mailing pieces.
- Create a personal testimony tract and send it to business associates.
- Have a company picnic and share your testimony or have another do so.
- Have a corporate chaplain.
- Purchase a company retreat center and make it available to employees and families.
- Purchase seats at local Christian events. Seminars, concerts, etc. and give them to employees, suppliers, customers.
- Provide scholarship to married couples to Marriage Enrichment weekend.
- Give away copies of the Jesus film video.
- Underwrite 2 hours a week of an employee’s time that is given to visit local nursing home residents.
- Start a Wednesday (noon) Bible Study.
- Start a Weekly Prayer Group(s).
- Men’s breakfast Bible study.
- Christian music listening and sharing time.
- The 9 to 5 Window Workshop or Change Agent Weekend Intensive workshop by Os Hillman.
- “Experiencing God” classes or TGIF Bible Study on calling.
- “The Mind of Christ” class.
- "Raising Boys" class.
- Contemplative Prayer study.
- “Divorce and Remarriage” class.
- Seeker small groups.
- Provide TGIF subscription to employees or associates.
- Host a Faith and Work E3 program (see marketplace leaders.org) to equip employees to integrate their faith in their work.
- Provide day care for your employees.
- Send a note to your mayor and tell him you are praying for him.
- Financially support an inner city ministry.
- Prayer walk around the outside and halls of your workplace.
- Host a workplace lunch event. Show a work life ministry video. Provide discussion time.
- Use the Faith and Work E3 program that provides a branded devotional, article content website and bookstore for your ministry.
- Form a city wide coalition of intercessors, marketplace leaders and pastors. Meet for prayer twice a month for one hour in public building.
- Send TGIF Today God Is First devotional to others you know in the workplace.
1. Christian Fellowship Retreat
2. National Day of Prayer Celebration
3. Jesus video presentation(s)
4. Good News Break—“The Perfect Storm”
5. Good News Break—“Who’s in Control”
6. Praise and Worship Gatherings
7. Gospel 101 Class/Presentation
8. Sponsor an annual prayer breakfast for your city or your company
9. Sponsor a Called to the Workplace workshop by Os Hillman for your co. or city.
10. Sponsor a city-wide workplace conference
11. Participate in city-wide Global Day or Prayer
12. Alpha in the Workplace bible study for seekers
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple