Six Reasons to Give
I believe that there are six scripturally-based reasons to give:
1. Obedience: “Honor the LORD with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10 (NKJV)
2. Rewards: “Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38 (NIV)
3. Recognition of God’s Ownership: “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to Him.” Psalm 24:1 (NLT)
4. To Gain an Eternal Perspective: “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” I Timothy 6:18-19 (NIV)
5. Love of God and Love of Others: “But whoever has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?” I John 3:17 (NASB)
6. Giving Breaks the Power of Money: “for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21 (NASB)
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple