Show Me Your Glory
Hudson Taylor, the missionary to China, said, "We are changed by beholding." He may have had 2 Corinthians 3:18 in mind. "But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." Isaiah was changed by beholding the glory of God, the awesome revelation of his holiness (Isa. 6:1-8).
For years, every January I would take some time with God and ask him what he wanted me to pray for the year. And for years, the answer was the same, "Show me your glory." When you come face to face with God's holy glory, you do one of two things: run away or run to his grace for transformation. Ponder the prayer requests of Moses: "Let me know Your ways that I may know You. Show me Your glory. Go among us (Exo. 33:11-19, 34:5-10)." Consider the price of speaking intimately with God friend-to-friend. Is the price worth the glory? What heart attitudes does God need to transform, so that you can see all God's goodness and know him as he really is? As you are convicted by the character of the Glory at whom you gaze, make Psalm 51:10-11 your prayer: "Renew my spirit" from glory to glory.
Just between you and God, pray through these transformation points in the verses below. "By your Spirit and for Your glory, renew in me a right spirit of ____________ . I want this to be a new beginning of your glory and your Spirit unhindered in my life." Look up the Bible verses that God puts his finger on.
By your Spirit, renew in me:
- humble and contrite spirit Psalm 51:17
- steadfast spirit Psalm 51:10
- willing spirit Psalm 51:12, Psalm 110:3
- a servant's heart Mark 10:44-45
- spirit of forgiveness Ephesians 4:32
- quiet and gentle spirit 1 Peter 3:4
- spirit of repentance Acts 26:20b
- grateful spirit Ephesians 5:20
- unity Philippians 2:1-8, Romans 15:5-7
- weeping Psalm 126:5-6
- joy in the Lord Psalm 33:1
- return to first love, spirit of revival Revelation 3:18-20, 2:4-5
- spirit of love 2 Timothy 1:7, 1 Cor. 13:3-8
- diligent spirit 2 Timothy 1:7
- delight in the Lord Psalm 37:4, 40:8
- longing for God Isaiah 26:9
- yielded spirit Philippians 2:5-8
- teachable spirit Psalm 25:4-5
- spirit of truth 1 John 4:6
- spirit of edification Ephesians 4:29
- renewal/filling of Holy Spirit Ephesians 5:18, John 7:37-38
- whole-hearted spirit Numbers 14:24
- spirit of fear of the Lord Isaiah 11:2
- rest in the Lord Psalm 37:7
- undivided heart and new spirit Ezekiel 36:26, Psalm 86:11
- spirit of praise Isaiah 61:3
- strong in spirit Ephesians 3:16
- worshiping spirit John 4:24
- faith, rest in God Hebrews 11:6, Psalms 37:7
- spirit of wisdom Deuteronomy 34:9
Thank God for the new thing that He is doing in your life.
Present to him the clean empty vessel of your life to fill with his Spirit.
Pray always the prayers of Moses:
Let me know your ways. Show me your glory. Go among us.
RENEW MY HEART FROM GLORY TO GLORY BY YOUR SPIRIT.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple