Seven Prayers of a Warrior
1. Open my eyes to the spiritual battles behind the headlines of our times.
And Elisha prayed, “O LORD, open his eyes so he may see.” Then the LORD opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:17)
2. Train me for my specific role in those battles and make me effective.
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. (Psalm 144:1)
3. Give me godly focus and a singleness of heart that cuts the trivial and optional from my life.
I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. (Jeremiah 32:39)
4. Give me the “want to’s,” Lord; a spiritual passion and willingness only you can give.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (Psalm 51:12)
5. Lord, give me your divine energy as I do your will and fight your fight.
To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me. (Colossians 1:29)
6. Grant me valiant friends whose hearts you have touched to walk with me in the battles of this age.
Saul also went to his home in Gibeah, accompanied by valiant men whose hearts God had touched. (1 Samuel 10:26)
7. Make my words weapons of godly warfare, O Lord, free from the impure and the spiritually damaging.
Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies. (Psalm 141:3, 4)
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple