Seven Actions on Your Behalf
“He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6).
The day I fully believed that all my sins were forgiven was the day the love of God broke through to my heart. On that day, I knew that I knew that I knew God truly and genuinely loved me. His love started driving out the fear in my heart just as He promised.
I want this for you.
Fear makes us ask “Is there something we need to do when we sin?” Love has a better question. “What does God do when we sin?”
Understanding these actions will radically change how you see sin.
- He reminds you of Christ’s death on the cross and the forgiveness you have in Him (1 John 2:12)
- He assures you that you are a child of God (Romans 8:15-16).
- He shows you the consequences of our sin and then works in you the desire to be reconciled to those you’ve hurt (Romans 13:10).
- He teaches you to say “no” to sin (Titus 2:11).
- He encourages you to put off the old, and put on the new (Ephesians 4:22-24 & Colossians 3:5-14).
- He works all things together for your good (Romans 8:28).
- He continues to complete the work he began in us (Philippians 1:6).
Study these seven actions God takes on your behalf. Let the truth of these verses cement the truth of God’s love deeply within your heart.