Serving Others As You Are Gifted
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.?1 Peter 4:10
Be a faithful steward of each and everything that the Lord gives us. Don’t worry about what He doesn’t give us, because we have no stewardship for what He does not give us.
God’s Gift Defined
Many times we overlook the gifts He’s given us. God’s gifts include:
- First and foremost, God has given us Himself – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who gave His life for our salvation forever and ever.
- He has given us ourselves, each of us with a unique mix of experiences, abilities, personality, interests and values.
- From Him we have received people, places, things and things to do with a plan, a future and a hope which He prepared for us.
- Finally, we have received time measured in years, weeks, days and minutes, the most important of which is NOW!
How to Serve Others
Who do we serve? Everyone who God brings to us. Start with your family, friends, school mates and work associates. Respond to people in your church, community and beyond.
So, how do we serve others and faithfully administer God’s grace?
- Seek to serve with both eyes wide open. One eye looking as our hearts have planned. The other eye seeing as the Lord directs.
- Take every thought captive in obedience to Christ. Nothing is more important than seeking God and His good pleasure in prayer.
- Work heartily as for the Lord for it is Him we are really serving.
Let God work in and through you.
Whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies;?so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,?to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.?1 Peter 4:11