Separate From His Creation
He stirs up the sea with His power, and by His understanding He breaks up the storm... . Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways Job 26:12, 14, NKJV.
God Himself is not in a sunset or in an act of human compassion any more than an artist is in his painting or a musician is in his music. You and I may see reflections of the artist’s or musician’s personality in his work, but the person himself is separate from it.
Likewise, you may see the reflection of God’s personality in a sunset or in an act of compassion, but He Himself is not in either one. He is separate from His Creation. What an important truth! This means:
- When something is wrong, He can right it.
- When something is broken, He can mend it.
- When something is lost, He can find it.
- When something doesn’t work, He can fix it.
- When something is hurt, He can heal it.
My failures, sins, mistakes, and shortcomings—and yours—in no way dilute or deplete or weaken or harm God!