Raise a Generous Teen
Here are five ways to help teens learn to prioritize caring in their actions.
- Model good household finances by explaining how you prioritize charitable giving in your budget.
- Encouraging teens to use the save/spend/give model for managing their money.
- If you support charities or missionaries, explain this to your teens, and involve them.
- Be generous together. Take your teens and some of their friends to serve at a local homeless shelter, do a service project, or even go on a mission trip.
- Make it their own. Ask your teen if there is a cause or issue that stirs their heart. Help them come up with ways to do something about it by serving, volunteering, or fundraising.
Photo©2016 World Vision, Laura Reinhardt