Praying for Others
"Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you." Colossians 1:9
It seems that Paul never went to Colosse but heard about their faith through Epaphras. It can be hard praying for people you have never met. I find it hard to pray for missionaries that I haven't met, or people I have only met briefly or even friends I haven't seen for a while.
Paul doesn't have this problem, he tells the Colossians eight things that he is praying for them:
1. To be filled with the knowledge of God's will. (v.9)
2. To live a life worthy of the Lord (v.10)
3. To please God in every way (v.10)
4. To bear fruit in every good work (v.10)
5. To grow in the knowledge of God (v.10)
6. To be strengthen with all power (v.11)
7. To have great endurance and patience (v.11)
8. To joyfully give thanks to God (v.12)
It is quite a list, and one we can use to pray for those we don't know, as well as those we do.
Written by Susan Barnes
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple