Praise God No Matter What
“That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven” (Daniel 2:19 NLT).
Most of us don’t really know what to do when we’re confronted by an impossible situation. Did you know that a teenage boy from thousands of years ago can help?
Over the past few devotionals, we’ve learned some incredible principles from how Daniel dealt with an impossible request by the most powerful king of his time period. So far we’ve seen Daniel model these five actions.
- Don’t panic, and then ask why.
- Ask for more time.
- Gather prayer partners.
- Pray to God for help.
- Ask God for supernatural help.
The next thing we learn from Daniel in Daniel 2 is to worship God.
It is important to understand that worship is much more than just music. There are thousands of ways to worship. Anytime I turn my attention to God, that’s worship. When I express my love to God, that’s worship. You don’t have to be in church to worship.
When you worship God, you move your focus off of your problem and onto God.
The Bible says of Daniel, “That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven” (Daniel 2:19 NLT).
The passage shows you how to worship God in the midst of a crisis. Specifically, Daniel did three things.
- He praised God for who he is. (v. 20)
- He honored God for what he does. (v. 21-22)
- He thanked God for his help. (v. 23)
That’s worship. Do that and you’ll move the focus off of you and your problems, and put it on God.
And he’s always where our focus should be.
Talk It Over
- Why is worship sometimes tough when you’re facing a particularly difficult situation?
- How have you seen worship impact your stress level during struggles in your life?
- Which of the three parts of worship mentioned in the devotional do you struggle with the most during a crisis: praising God for who he is, honoring God what he does, or thanking God for his help? Why?
Special Offer: Unshakable! Study Kit
Purchase Series: Verses of Hope Scripture Box
This devotional © 2017 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple