One Thing Every Great Leader Knows
GOOD AND MEDIOCRE LEADERS ARE ALREADY TAKEN.
There’s really no need for any more of those kinds of leaders. The world is overpopulated with good and mediocre.
Your family, school, job, and team, like a thirsty man in the desert, are in need of great leaders.
You can be a great leader.
BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW ONE PERSON: YOURSELF.
Without self-awareness, your leadership potential will be hijacked, like a world-class sprinter trying to run with a pulled hamstring. Not only will the world-class sprinter run slower, she’ll cause more damage to herself and her team.
WHAT DOES SELF-AWARENESS MEAN?
To be self-aware, according to leadership consultant Reggie McNeal on page 10-11 of his book Practicing Greatness, includes the following:
- Self-knowledge – knowing who you are in Christ (I added “in Christ”).
- Self-mindfulness – understanding your motives for doing what you do.
- Self-vigilance – what makes you tick and what ticks you off!
- Self-consciousness – knowing how you come across to others.
- Self-alertness – maintaining your emotional, physical, and spiritual condition.
Often, and sadly, leaders do not reach their potential because they don’t know themselves. And a leader that’s not self-aware can’t lead others into greatness.
Cooperate with God in the discovering of who you are in Christ, whose you are (God the Father’s), and what you are called to do with greatness in this world (vocation).
Transformation ChurchView Website
Already a member? Login to iDisciple