Move Over, Mona Lisa
Bible Reading: Ephesians 2:4-10
For we are God’s masterpiece—Ephesians 2:10.
You don't hang on the wall. You don’t stand frozen like a carved-up rock. Yet you are God’s masterpiece. More stunning than the most ornate sculpture or the most sublime painting, you are God’s cherished, hand-crafted creation. Look at what Ephesians 2 says about your worth and value:
- You are alive together with Christ (verse 5).
- You were raised up with Christ (verse 6).
- You are now seated with Christ in heavenly realms (verse 6).
- You are one with Christ Jesus (verse 6).
- You have been saved by God’s special favor (verse 8).
And that’s only the beginning. If you have trusted Christ, every one of the following huge truths is a fact about you. Whenever you wonder if you matter to God or anyone else, read this list aloud to yourself:
- I have peace with God (Romans 5:1).
- I am loved and chosen by God (Ephesians 1 :4).
- I am a child of God (John 1: 12).
- God’s Holy Spirit lives in me (1 Corinthians 3:16).
- I have access to God’s wisdom (James 1 :5).
- I am helped by God (Hebrews 4: 16).
- I am reconciled to God (Romans 5:11).
- I am not condemned (Romans 8:1).
- I have been made right with God (Romans 5:1).
- I have Christ’s righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- I am God’s ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- I am completely forgiven (Colossians 1:14).
- God meets all my needs (Philippians 4:19).
- I am tenderly loved by God (Jeremiah 31 :3).
- I am holy and blameless (Colossians 1 :22).
Paul meant it when he said, “Those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). When God looks at you, he sees his flawless and awesome masterpiece.
REFLECT: Do you believe that you are God’s masterpiece? Spend time chewing on any of those Bible facts about you that you have a hard time swallowing.
PRAY: Thank God for his great love for you.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple