Changing up the routine, doing something new and prioritizing romance will refresh any relationship.
Has the romance gone out of your marriage? During your next marriage staff meeting—that time when just the two of you are sitting down for quiet conversation —make a plan for how to rev up your relationship. Try one or more of these:
- Write the story of how you met.
- List your spouse's best qualities in alphabetical order.
- Tour a museum or an art gallery.
- Notice the little changes your spouse makes in his/her appearance.
- Float on a raft together.
- Take a stroll around the block—and hold hands as you walk.
- Stock the cupboards with food your spouse loves to eat.
- Give your spouse a back rub.
- Rent a classic love-story video and watch it while cuddling.
- Build a fire in the fireplace, turn out the lights and talk.
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride.
- Go swimming at night.
- Write a poem for your spouse.
- Stop in the middle of your busy day and talk to your spouse for 15 minutes.
- Create your own special holiday.
- Watch the sunset together.
- Picnic by a pond.
- Serve breakfast in bed.
- Brush his/her hair.
- Reminisce about your first date.
- Plant a tree together in honor of your marriage.
Changing up the routine, doing something new and prioritizing romance will refresh any relationship. So get busy. Your relationship needs you!