Marriage Staff Meeting: Sizzling Ideas for Summer Romance
Guess what? Since you’re a part of the human race, you and your partner have these same relationship needs. Here’s the list of 10 needs and practical ways to meet them. Make it your goal to meet at least one need per week for your partner. Consistently giving to your partner in these ways, will keep the sizzle in any relationship.
1. Post a photo on social media of your partner. Write about what makes him/her one of a kind.
2. Text this to your husband/wife: "I would never want to change you. I like you just the way you are because ________________."
3. Ask your partner, "What's your favorite way to be kissed?" Be sure to give those kisses.
4. Write your husband/wife a love note. Send it in a special envelope or read it aloud on your next date night.
5. Make a list of 20 reasons why you'd rather be with your spouse than anyone else. Read it in front of your kids or your close friends.
6. Make lunch for your special someone. Leave a note in the bag that tells one of the things you admire most about him/her.
7. Leave post-it notes in unexpected places: glove-compartment, bathroom mirror, desk at work, etc. Finish sentences like these: "I appreciate you because..." "I'm so thankful for the way you..."
8. Send candy or flowers to partner's place of work. Include a thank you letter that describes how you appreciate the little things they do.
9. Devote a movie night entirely to watching all of your partner's favorite movies.
10. Take an hour today to just listen. Let your spouse tell you every detail of his/her day.
11. Ask your partner if there's anything that has him/her down. Listen while your spouse shares. Don't interrupt!
12. Go star-gazing. Grab a bunch of comforting blankets, get cozy and let your partner know he/she can open up about difficult times.
13. Think of your partner's goals. Together, sign up for a class that moves your spouse toward that goal.
14. Does your partner have a current goal or task he/she is working toward? Send your spouse a "you can do it!" text.
15. Why are you better for knowing your partner? Take a long drive and find a scenic spot. Along the way, take the time to explain the answer to this question.
16. Recreate your first date. Share with your spouse what you first valued/respected about him/her during those earlier days.
17. Ask your spouse how you can make them feel less worried or anxious. Go out of your way to make this possible.
18. Make three promises to your partner this week and keep them!
19. Ask your husband/wife what you could take off his/her plate today and do it!
20. Give your partner a night out with his/her friends! Watch the kids or take care of some of the household duties while your spouse has some fun.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple