Making Dreams Come True
If you have a dream and know it’s worth pursuing through prayer and contemplation, then you’re on the right track.
But you need to take action for it to come true. Your commitment, passion and continued prayers will chart a course for change.
Good things can happen when you take action for your dream to come true:
- You have a hope and a future: Knowing just that one small thing today, will move you toward your dream, you can proceed with confident expectation into the future.
- You have meaning today: What you do today eventually will show up as a better tomorrow. Life is an accumulation of a lot of little acts, words and attitudes over an extended period of time.
- You have a path to follow: When you think about the dream God has given you, you ask yourself, “How do I get from here to there?” Then you take small steps today that will get you there tomorrow.
- You keep your failures in perspective: Let’s say you live 27,000 days -- about 75 years. During that much time, you will experience some failure. But because you realize you can start over tomorrow and that God forgives and helps you move forward, you know that your future isn’t final.
- You see the big picture more clearly: Your dream gives you a goal or a finish line. You know you won’t get there in one day, or one week, or maybe even a year. But by keeping the dream in mind, you can see the small steps you’re taking in the context of the larger vision.
- You have the opportunity to gain self-discipline: It will enable you to persevere and get from where you are today to the fulfillment of your dream.
- You learn to work with others: You are not going to accomplish your dream alone. All of the worthwhile dreams and great things we see done in communities are done in cooperation with others.
Do you see how the power of ONE THING expands beyond the challenges you face? Sometimes, a problem is just the spark you need to ignite a dream. Sometimes, it’s an idea that strikes you while you’re reading, biking or working. Other times, it’s a nudge that tells you God is working in your life.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple