Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey all that I've commanded you and baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20).
More than any other ministry activity, making disciples is our primary directive from Jesus. Prayer, pastoring, healing, deliverance, church planting, etc. are all part of the process of our assignment from Jesus to make disciples of the nations—you have the power to do it!
How do I go about making disciples?
1. Lead people to a personal faith in Jesus.
S.A.L.T. - Start a conversation. Ask questions. Listen. Tell them your personal story with Jesus. Ask them to make a personal decision to start following Jesus with you.
2. DTR - Define the Relationship
"I see a lot of potential in you for leadership. I'd like to spend more time together, building our relationship, teaching you what I know, and helping you become a person who can influence other people for Jesus. Would you like that?"
3. Four commitments I ask of every disciple (After they already have started a personal relationship with Jesus):
- Spend time with Jesus daily. "Abide in Me..." (John 15:4-5)
- Spend time with me regularly. "The things you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, teach these things to faithful men who will be able to teach others." (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Spend time with other disciples. "All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, to fellowship, to sharing meals, and to prayer." (Acts 2:42)
- Spend time making other disciples. "Come be My disciple and I'll teach you how to become fishers of men."
Discipleship is the process of transferring life, power, and skills from one person to another. What stories will you have 10 years from now of people you've discipled toward a life of fruitfulness with God?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple