Make Your Life Count
What I do doesn’t count. Perhaps you sometimes have that thought—and you would be correct if your action is your idea, done your way. We have nothing to offer others when we rely on our own abilities and efforts. But as born-again believers seeking to live obediently, we are wrong when we fall into that kind of thinking. Scripture makes it clear what matters to God. Let us seek to think the way God does about what counts.
• New Creation. The Bible tells us that what counts is being a new creation (Gal. 6:15). We who have received Christ as our Lord and Savior are exactly that. Are you a new creation? If so, know that you are of great value to God.
• Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit indwelling us who makes what we do significant (John 6:63). Do you recognize His presence within you? He equips you to make your life count.
• Faith. A key ingredient in living a life that makes an impact is faith (Heb. 11:6). This is not something we produce on our own—it is developed in us. Are you nourishing your soul through God’s Word in order to grow strong in faith?
• Love. Without love, faith rings hollow and discordant (1 Cor. 13:1). Is godly love seasoning your words as well as your actions?
• Obedience. Following the Lord’s commands is what truly counts (John 15:10). Have you yielded your ways in order to obey His Word?
When we live God’s way, what we do counts in the eyes of the only One who matters—God Himself.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple