Make a Difference With What You Have
As a nonprofit organization, we are so grateful to have the loyal support of not only our faithful donors but also our dedicated volunteers. When people think about getting involved with an organization like Bethany Christian Services, they sometimes limit their thinking to becoming a board member or to giving financial gifts. However, there are so many more ways they can get involved.
Today, we would like to encourage you to think outside the box a little and consider ways you can invest in like-minded organizations in your area with your time or with items you already have.
Consider the following opportunities, and remember—you can make a difference:
- Offer to transport a refugee family to a doctor's appointment, interview, or church event.
- Donate your gently used baby clothes, toys, furniture, books, or equipment to young families in need.
- Volunteer your time to do office tasks.
- Invite your friends and family to tour a local branch or attend an information meeting.
- "Like" and "Share" content that you find relevant and interesting from Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your story.
- Donate a used vehicle.
- Request an estate planning kit and consider including a charity in your Will.
- Become a table captain for a banquet and invite others to attend.
- Bring a meal to a new adoptive family.
- Offer support to someone with a simple phone call to see how they're doing.
- Host a party to benefit your favorite charity. Invite your friends and share stories of how this charity has impacted your life.
- Knit or crochet blankets, hats, or clothes for newborns.
- Volunteer to take photos at an event.
- Spend time with someone who is hurting.
- Open your home. Sometimes the going gets tough and families and children need a safe haven. Be that place for them.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple