Love Is …
- Asking about someone's day and truly caring about the answer.
- Knowing that people are different and loving them just the same.
- Being there.
- Taking out the trash without being asked.
- Leaving the last pop for your brother, even though you've been craving it all day.
- Being patient, even when you're tired—especially when you're tired.
- Writing a note of encouragement.
- Treating your family as well as you treat your friends.
- Getting up early to do someone else's job for him.
- Buying someone flowers for no reason.
- Listening to a friend, even when you've heard the same thing a hundred times.
- Calling someone back after an argument.
- Being honest about how you feel.
- Caring—even when it's hard and you don't feel like it.
- Trusting in someone even when you're scared.
- Saying you're sorry when you are wrong.
- Listening and giving advice—and knowing the difference between the two.
- Smiling in hard times.
- Calling just to say hi on a busy day.
- Praying for someone.
- Forgiving someone again and again.
- Walking beside someone, not in front of or behind her.
- Being comfortable with someone in silence.
- Being a person to joke with.
- Providing a shoulder to cry on.
- Being a friend.
- Accepting people like a little child does.
- Surprising someone.
- Offering a new perspective on life.
- Serving someone breakfast in bed.
- Holding your tongue.
- Not changing the radio station when someone is listening to it.
- Gently admonishing.
- Working on the things you know bother someone else.
- Trying to understand.
- Being open to correction.
- Ignoring another's faults.
- Serving others.
- Changing your plans for someone.
- Crying for someone when you know they're hurting.
- What God does for us.
Written by Danae Jacobson
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple