Let Freedom Ring
John 8: 32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Freedom is a wonderful thing. There are all types of freedom --freedom from poverty, freedom from oppression, freedom from dictatorship. But, there is also a freedom from lies --lies that we believe. We, as women, tell ourselves lies all the time, the lies can sound something like this:
- I must perform to be loved or accepted
- What I do defines who I am
- My husband should be my soul mate and complete me
The truth is those thoughts are not true in God’s word. Those beliefs do not line up with what scripture says. The truth is:
- I don’t need to perform in order to be loved, God loves me regardless of my performance. John 3:16
- My worth comes from my identity in Christ not what I do. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- My husband doesn’t have to be my soul mate. God will meet all my needs. Philippians 4:19
God’s word is truth. Read the Bible and learn what God has to say about you and for you. His truth will set you free!
Prayer: Father, Thank You that Your word is truth and that Your truth brings freedom. Lord, I pray that I will seek You today with all my heart. When I start to believe the lies, I pray your Holy Spirit would reveal to me that I am believing a lie against myself. God, replace those lies with Your truth. Thank You for showing me the way to freedom.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple