Learning From a Legendary Coach
The front page of The Tennesseean featured an article on Pat Summitt, the legendary coach of the University of Tennessee women’s basketball team. Most of you know I’m a Bama fan, but I know greatness when I see it and Coach Summitt is a great basketball coach. She has redefined the sport for generations.
The article reprinted the “Definite Dozen,” the twelve principles Coach Summit taught her players to live by. I thought they were worth listing here.
The Definite Dozen by Pat Summitt
- Respect yourself and others.
- Take full responsibility.
- Develop and demonstrate loyalty.
- Learn to be a great communicator.
- Discipline yourself so no one else has to.
- Make hard work your passion.
- Don’t just work hard; work smart.
- Put the team before yourself.
- Make winning an attitude.
- Be a competitor.
- Change is a must.
- Handle success like you handle failure.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple