Leaders Have a Vision for the Future
“Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained.” Proverbs 29:18
Vision is seeing the future as it is desired – a picture of things hoped for. You can either give birth to your own vision or adopt someone else’s and steward it to completion.
You must embrace or own your vision and make it come alive by telling others and setting the right example. When you tell others, make sure it is inspiring and from the heart. It also must be clear.
Once you communicate your vision, you must now enable others to act. As a leader you must foster collaboration and get people to work together. Help others to feel they own their work and give them the resources they need to do the jobs you have given them to do.
Finally encourage others to act. Recognize individual accomplishments and contributions. Also link rewards for contributions to performance.
As you think about your vision, consider the following questions:
• What is your vision?
• Where is God leading you?
• Do your vision and God’s leading for your life coincide?
• If so, what steps can you take to make your vision live?
• How can you more clearly communicate your vision to others?
• What can you do to better set an example and personally model the way?
• What can you do to foster collaboration and enable others to act?
• How can you recognize individual contributions and accomplishments?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple