Kingdom Business Principles
The New Testament often refers to the “kingdom of God” or “kingdom of Heaven.” In Matthew 4:17, Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” There is a sharp contrast between life in the kingdom of heaven and life in the world (Satan’s domain). Understanding the difference between the two systems will help Christians recognize when they are in spiritual warfare and also help strengthen their resolve to fight the good fight of faith. Notice the disparity between the world’s way and the kingdom of God way of doing things.
- Believers accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior (1 Thessalonians 2:13); unbelievers reject Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. (Matthew 10:33).
- God’s way is changeless and eternal (1Timothy 1:17); the world’s way is temporal and constantly changing (2 Corinthians 4:18).
- Believers have faith in the blood of Jesus and what they cannot see (Hebrews 11:1); unbelievers have faith in themselves and what they can see. (Psalm 146:3).
- A believer’s thinking and destiny is shaped by the Word of God and the voice of the Holy Spirit (Proverbs 4:20-22); the unbeliever’s thinking is shaped by the world’s words and images (Romans 8:7).
- Believers are a friend of God (James 4:4); unbelievers are an enemy of God. (James 4:4).
- Believers focus on God and what His will is for their lives (Romans 12:1-2); unbelievers focus on what they want for themselves. (Matthew 15:18-19).
- Believers pursue God’s way of doing things by abiding by the Word of God (John 8:12); unbelievers believe Satan’s contradictions to the Word of God and are seduced by the world’s way of doing things. (1John 3:7-10).
Which system dominates your work life? Joshua 1:8 says, “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.” I encourage you to recommit your life and work to God today and to His way of doing things. Then, you will have good success.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple