Just an Ordinary Person with a Passion – Pencils of Promise
The Promise of a Pencil is the story of how Adam’s life was changed when he asked a little boy, begging on the streets of India, if he could have anything in the world, what would it be? The little boy thought about it for a few seconds, then responded confidently: “A pencil.”
Here are some random thoughts pulled from this book about finding and living out your passion:
- Asking for permission is asking for denial.
- The biggest of dreams often start with small, unreasonable acts.
- When confronted with two good options: Pick the one you love.
- Stay guided by your values, not your necessities.
- “Here’s my best advice: Make the little decisions with your head and the big ones with your heart. Do that and you’ll be just fine.” From Kevin Roberts, CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi
- You may be safe, but I am free.
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”-African Proverb
Pencils of Promise now breaks ground on a new school every 90 hours. I found myself newly inspired to do what I love, to not make compromises and to stay focused on my mission.
Incidentally, Adam started Pencils of Promise with $25.
Has there been a defining moment in your life that put you on the path to live out your passion?