Just an Ordinary Person with a Passion – Pencils of Promise
The Promise of a Pencil is the story of how Adam’s life was changed when he asked a little boy, begging on the streets of India, if he could have anything in the world, what would it be? The little boy thought about it for a few seconds, then responded confidently: “A pencil.”
Here are some random thoughts pulled from this book about finding and living out your passion:
- Asking for permission is asking for denial.
- The biggest of dreams often start with small, unreasonable acts.
- When confronted with two good options: Pick the one you love.
- Stay guided by your values, not your necessities.
- “Here’s my best advice: Make the little decisions with your head and the big ones with your heart. Do that and you’ll be just fine.” From Kevin Roberts, CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi
- You may be safe, but I am free.
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”-African Proverb
Pencils of Promise now breaks ground on a new school every 90 hours. I found myself newly inspired to do what I love, to not make compromises and to stay focused on my mission.
Incidentally, Adam started Pencils of Promise with $25.
Has there been a defining moment in your life that put you on the path to live out your passion?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple