Join the Ants

Description

Would you have enough cash to cover your expenses if you were to face an unexpected emergency? Here's why you need to think like an ant!

Could you come up with $1000 cash for an emergency in the next 24 hours? 

According to the latest Bankrate survey, more than three out of five Americans don't have money in their savings accounts to cover unexpected bills, such as a $500 car repair or a $1,000 emergency room visit.

In fact, only 38% of respondents said they have enough funds in their bank accounts to cover even the most mundane spending emergencies.

  • 26% said they would have to reduce spending to come up with an extra $1000.
  • 16% said they would borrow from family or friends.
  • 12% said they would have to use their credit cards.

So maybe this is old news for you, or you are in that group of 38% who have some money in saving. However, if you fall into the other 62% that could not come up with $1000 cash in the next 24 hours, it is time to make a change.

You need to think like an ANT.

Listen carefully…

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.  Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer
and gathers her food in harvest.  Proverbs 6:6-7

Ants show up at your picnic to gather food knowing that a time is coming we all know as Winter. That’s when the picnics will not be happening and the crumbs will have to last until Spring! That is why the lowly ant, referred to here as a female without any chief, officer or ruler (reminds me of a single or single parent) is considered wise for saving those tiny little crumbs.

So how about you…ready to be like the ant?  You can and you should! God wants you to save money… a little portion every time you earn income and learn not to touch it until it is needed.

It is a great stress relief to have an emergency savings account, no matter how small. To be ready for any unplanned expenses is wise, because you know what?  There are going to be emergency expenses. They happen. Let’s move to the 38% category that have some money in savings.

 

Please register for a free account to view this content

We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!

Already a member? Login to iDisciple

Related
What Owns You?
Jonathan Falwell
Your Money Matters!
Daily Disciples
There’s Hope for Your Finances
Nick Floyd
I Don't Believe in Luck
Chuck Bentley
Lessons From the Widow
Chuck Bentley
Follow Us

Want to access more exclusive iDisciple content?

Upgrade to a Giving Membership today!

Already a member? Login to iDisciple