Jesus Can Turn Your Mess Into a Masterpiece (Part 3)
In Parts 1 and 2, we discussed the following points:
Change is a part of life. Over the life of any business, it is common that sooner or later you will encounter major challenges or setbacks.
How are Christians called to respond to change? We can respond with confident hope and expectation and trust in God’s Word and His promises.
God heals, restores, and can turn your situation around. When we live by faith and make Him our refuge, He will restore us in due season.
We looked at God’s promises for restoration in: All things; comfort, joy, peace, and righteousness; deliverance from demons; victory in times of difficulty; family and relationships; and God’s favor, blessings, and inheritance. Now, let’s take a look at God’s Word and His promises for restoration in: land and property; life, health, and healing; money and wealth; position and honor; and time.
1. Land and property. Businesses are either growing and expanding or shrinking and dying. Expansion means more space, more resources, and more assets. Is your business in a growth mode? If not, have you asked God to expand your territory? Trust Him to honor His Word. He is a God of increase and abundance and will restore land and lost property.
The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; and he had 14,000 sheep and 6,000 camels and 1,000 yoke of oxen and 1,000 female donkeys. (Job 42:12)
The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. (Psalm 115:12-14). See also Isaiah 26:15.
2. Life, health, and healing. Work requires strength, stamina, and good health. Both physical and emotional illness take a serious toll on individuals, families, companies, and our national economy. Many employees are working 50+ hours per week in jobs that are very demanding and stressful. Research shows that billions of dollars are wasted annually through loss of productivity due to poor performance or neglect and because employees are reporting to work tired, exhausted, physically ill, and emotionally distraught. What are we to do? Seek and meditate on God’s Word to renew your mind, soul, and body.
And when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent around into all the surrounding country and brought to Him all who were sick and begged Him to let them merely touch the fringe of His garment; and as many as touched it were perfectly restored. (Matthew 14:35-36)
Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity (idols and idolatry); and restore me to vigorous life and health in Your ways. (Psalm 119:37)
Then He glanced around at them all and said to the man, Stretch out your hand! And he did so, and his hand was fully restored like the other one. (Luke 6:10)
When He saw them, He said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the Priest.” And as they were going, they were cleansed. (Luke 17:14)
Also see Jeremiah 30:17; Matthew 8:7, 13, 16-17; Mark 3:5; 5:34; 6:56; 8:25; Luke 17:19; Romans 8:11; Acts 8:7; James 5:15.
3. Money and wealth. It takes money to live and money to run and sustain a business. Money is an exchange mechanism that allows us to meet our ongoing needs and obligations. The world has created elaborate systems of dealing with money, but so has God. God has many ways to supernaturally sustain and enhance our financial standing in both our personal and professional lives. Do you need help with your finances? Have you asked God to bless you and give you wisdom in this area of your life?
I will grant this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians; and it shall be that when you go, you will not go empty-handed. But every woman shall ask of her neighbor and the woman who lives in her house, articles of silver and articles of gold, and clothing; and you will put them on your sons and daughters. Thus you will plunder the Egyptians. (Exodus 3:21-22).
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all geneously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)
See also Genesis 42:25-28; Psalm 14:7; 126:4-6; Jeremiah 49:38-39; Joel 3:1-2; Zechariah 9:12.
4. Position and honor. In the business world, position, status, and power are well sought after traits. These traits carry certain privileges and generally bring honor and respect from our peers and others. However, when we lose position, status, and power, it can leave us feeling betrayed and humiliated. During this time, we must choose to continue loving and honoring God. In our faithfulness, God will exalt and restore us.
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. (Job 42:10)
Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant! And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father’s sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually. (2 Samuel 9:6-7, KJV)
Israel also came into Egypt; and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham. And he increased his people greatly; and made them stronger than their enemies. (Psalm 105:23-24)
5. Time. Have you ever heard the expression, “Time is money?” Time is the one resource that seems to always be in short supply. Everywhere we look, people are in a hurry. We cannot recapture our youth and restore time in the natural world, but God can. His Word tells us:
And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten—the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you. (Joel 2:25, AMP)
What have you learned about God and His promises for restoration and turnaround? Is there an area in your personal or business life that is broken and needs healing or restoration? If so, trust the Master to turn your mess into a masterpiece.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple