InTENtionals for Success At Work
"Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward” (Colossians 3:23)
As Christ-followers, you and I should be the most productive, cooperative, honest and hard-working people in our business. The Christian, as an employee, should be the most desirable and productive employee around.
- Go the Extra Mile Every Day! Do more than you’re asked and with excellence – ahead of time.
- Be a Noticer! Look for One Thing today that would make your business more successful and profitable and then act!
- Have a Great Attitude! If your attitude is to look out for the well-being of the boss and the business, then you usually get noticed by the boss and your boss’s boss. Great attitudes rise to the surface.
- Sharpen Your Skills! Keep up with technological advances, and keep your work skills up to date.
- Share the Toys! Team players are important to a successful business. If you’re on a team, serve the team and become indispensable. Be ready to help “git ‘er done!”
- Be a Solution-Focused Employee! Your boss doesn’t need inspectors – he or she needs problem-solvers.
- Get Along with Other People! 80% of people that fail at work do so because they can’t get along with other people*. If you’re not a “people person,” then learn to become one fast! (*Robert Bolton, in his book People Skills)
- Pray for Your Boss and Co-Workers Every Day! Prayer changes hearts—theirs and yours!
- Share the Credit! Stealing credit for an idea or work product that wasn’t truly yours alone will cost you. And it will cost you in ways you didn’t anticipate.
- Work Yourself Out of a Job! Produce exceptional work and products, so much so that your company would be foolish not to elevate your responsibilities.