If My People
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:13-14).
I believe that one of the most serious consequences of 9/11 has been that in our desire to be united as a nation against the terrorists, we have compromised the foundation of our faith. We have elevated other religions as equally credible with Christianity and Judaism. In our new found pluralism and inclusiveness we have denied the uniqueness of Jesus Christ. We seem to view Him as though He is one of the "boys". That you can have any god you choose, whether Muhammad, Buddha, Confucius, Jehovah, Messiah, and even Jesus. . .just pick the one that suits you best. But don't tell anyone else that your god is the only truth or the only life or the only way to the real God and to His heavenly home. This politically correct, yet Biblically incorrect, attitude has even crept into the church!
Yet the Bible clearly states that Jesus Christ is. . .
- The Creator who left Heaven's throne to become our Savior
- The only begotten, virgin-born Son of God-that doesn't mean He is God, Jr. It means He is God in the flesh-fully God and fully man
- That He is the Lamb of God, sacrificed to take away the sin of the world
- That He rose from the dead to give us eternal life and open Heaven for us
- That He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father, who has placed all authority under His feet
- One day-soon—He is coming back to rule and reign on this earth
Jesus Christ stands in the solitude of Himself!
There is no one like Him. He is the Almighty Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent God!
It's time for God's people to humble ourselves, pray, and seek His face. And make no mistake about it. When we seek the face of God, we will see Jesus!