iDisciple Podcast: Raising Godly Girls
Wynter was raised by her mother and grandmother in the inner city of Baltimore and s aw firsthand the effects of poverty and fatherlessness on a child. Because of God’s grace and her loving family, Wynter overcame her childhood surroundings and enjoyed immense success in academics and her career.
When her daughters were born, she made the choice to stay at home and focus on raising her daughters. During this time, Wynter began blogging and launched For Girls Like You magazine, a ministry dedicated to raising young girls to be more like Christ.
This conversation is an in-depth look at the highs and lows of parenting, and is filled with practical advice about how to trust the Lord with the lives of your children.
We hope and pray that this discussion encourages you to lean not on your own understanding, but to rely on the Lord’s strength when raising up children!
- Wynter shares how she personally was affected growing up without a father, and how she began to see God as her father in the midst of it.
- How God revealed through her lack of contentment that she needed a change of heart.
- Why it’s so difficult to grow up these days as a little girl, particular with the world constantly telling them they need to act older than they are.
- The backstory behind Wynter and her husband’s prayer book, She Is Yours.
- Why it’s important as a parent, especially in the tough times, to realize that your kids belong to Christ.
- And many more!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple