iDisciple Podcast: Finding Rest
We live in a culture that idolizes being busy. Chances are, busyness is weighing on you as well!
On this week’s episode of the iDisciple Podcast, speaker, author, and social researcher Shaunti Feldhahn is joining us for the second time to discuss her new devotional, Find Rest: A Woman’s Devotional For Lasting Peace In A Busy Life. Shaunti’s new book is the perfect read for anyone out there who is struggling to find peace in the chaos of their everyday life, and is a life-changing resource for all of our female listeners no matter where you find yourself in life!
Shaunti discusses the inspiration and backstory behind Find Rest, why this topic is perfect for a devotional, and take a deep dive into the 8 different “Elements of Finding Rest” that Shaunti uses throughout the devotional. The conversation is a convicting and hope-filled look at our “busy culture” and will impart on you all sorts of knowledge and tips on how to find rest in Jesus.
We pray that the wisdom Shaunti leaves you with will inspire you to go on a journey away from chaos and into peace, and that Jesus will help you find rest in your hectic life!
- Shaunti explains how her findings when she looked at the scientific reasons for stress in women influenced the writing of Find Rest.
- The importance of Find Rest being a devotional, and why it’s important to go on a day-to-day journey to find rest instead of trying to fix it all at once.
- Why it’s important to recognize your flaws and see the good in them instead of believing life would suddenly get better if you fixed one thing.
- How the 8 Elements of Find Rest are applicable to you no matter what season of life you’re in.
- Why connecting daily with God is the single most important element of finding rest, and why it’s our tendency to neglect that.
- Shaunti shares how taking our thoughts captive and trusting God with them is a crucial component to not letting stress control our lives.
- And many more!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple