iDisciple Podcast: Creating a Worship Culture
Johnson Ferry Worship was born out of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, a church of more than 8,000 people outside of Atlanta. As a band, Johnson Ferry Worship exists to see a culture of worship swell up in their congregation. They desire to worship Christ with their whole lives, and through the arts and original music, they hope to engage hearts, minds, and souls.
The band just released their debut album of twelve original songs, entitled Always Only Jesus. The album hits on a variety of emotions, from songs of joy to songs of sorrow, mingling together in a broad collection of worship that expresses the full life a believer encounters.
We pray that this episode will give you an enlightening glimpse into the lives of worship leaders, and will move you to worship God with your whole lives!
- The trio explains how Johnson Ferry Worship came to be, and specifically how the three of them decided to start writing worship music together.
- Bobby explains the phrase, “We believe that good theology leads to great doxology,” and why it’s important for their songwriting.
- Why it’s important to value the content of their worship music first and foremost before they decide on a style for a song.
- We get to listen to The Cross Still Stands, the first single from Always Only Jesus.
- What they want to happen from the release of their album, specifically sharing their desire for watching the church connect with the Lord deeply.
- And many more!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple